Tuesday, November 4, 2014

Wreaths

Wreaths aren't just for Christmas.
Here are two that I've made, the poinsettia one is definitely Christmas, but by not adding a Merry Christmas I could hang it any time.

Here's the Poinsettia one:






I used a wreath from the MDF man, they are lovely to work with and paint easily. The hanging hole is already drilled to make things easier.
I started by painting the wreath gold.  I then cut the poinsettias in 280gsm smooth card using the Blooming Poinsettia die from Memory box.
Using the emboss it clear dabber by ranger (much easier than versamark for larger areas)
I used Frantage aged scarlet for the "flowers" and aged hunter for the leaves. The beauty of using Frantage is it is a mixture of sizes and colours and gives a lovely mottled effect.  The centre was embossed using moonglow embossing powder in dandelion. The moonglow powders are two tone and give a delicate shimmer.
It was finished off with some red pearls.
It can also double as a table centre with a candle in the middle.

Like this (just tuck the ribbon out of the way)




Here's one with a more summery feel:





The base was painted with cream acrylic.  The leaf stamp was carved by me. I took a lovely class at the Stamp Attic with Kate Crane . Kate is a wonderful teacher and we had great fun playing with her hand carved stamps, so I was inspired to have a go.
I stamped it in silver acrylic paint.
The flowers and leaves are by Samaflora (you can order them in any colour and you name the flower and Sam can make it for you).
The leaves have been inked and dipped in UTEE, the flowers have been dipped, glittered or gilded.
The butterflies and trails are punched and die cut.


They are great fun to make and would be fabulous as a present. Do give it a go and if you do make one please leave a comment so I can come over and see it.

Happy creating Lynne x








2 comments:

  1. WOW Lynne! These are amazing! It must have taken ages to make all those poinsettias, but the result looks beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. they are fab, adore the first one, i would love to make something as lovely as this x

    ReplyDelete